Water infrastructure plays a critical role in the way society functions, from the water we drink to the treatment of sewage. DDR continues to hone its expertise in this important space.
Trace back the history of any town and you’ll find that water infrastructure is an important part of its foundation. The facilities that treat our water are vital to public health, which means they must be suitably designed, well constructed and regularly maintained.
Water infrastructure consists of everything from tanks, pipelines and water towers to reservoirs, wastewater treatment plants and stormwater drainage systems. DDR Australia has significant experience in the construction, remediation and maintenance of such structures, which has allowed the business to develop an expertise within the space.
The integrity of water infrastructure can be impaired for a number of reasons, including exposure to aggressive environmental conditions, both internally and externally, and the process of ageing. Given that much of Australia’s water infrastructure was built prior to 1970, many assets have reached the end of their original design-life.
With the explosion in our population over the past few decades, it is more critical than ever that we have access to high-quality water.
Water infrastructure capabilities
Partnering with the most suitable consultants, DDR has significant skills, knowledge and experience in the water infrastructure sector, particularly when it comes to the design and construction of water, sewerage and stormwater infrastructure. Services include:
- ECI (early contractor involvement) for a whole-of-project delivery
- Design and construction of:
- New in-ground water/sewerage infrastructure, such as pipes, tanks, pits, covers and ground-level water storage
- Potable and non-potable water supply and reticulation
- Design and installation of above-ground pipework, tanks and pump stations
- Stormwater management – design, construction and installation or remediation of stormwater drainage systems; DDR has completed the replacement of stormwater drainage systems nationwide
- Supply and installation of rainwater tanks
- Replacement, repair and maintenance of water and sewerage infrastructure
- Supply, installation and commissioning of both wet and dry fire systems
- Associated civil and concrete works, including excavation, trenching, temporary shoring, backfill, compaction and concreting
DDR is experienced in working in and over live water infrastructure assets and goes to great lengths to ensure services remain unobstructed.