The Department of Defence engaged DDR to conduct building works to the structural fabric of four hangars and associated out buildings at RAAF Pearce in Perth’s north, home to No. 2 Flying Training School and No. 79 Squadron.
The scope included:
- Temporary relocation, storage and subsequent reinstatement of obstructions (e.g. storage racks) and/or installation of approved protective measures for Commonwealth assets stored on site.
- Identification and temporary relocation and/or modification (including the design, fabrication, installation and subsequent removal of temporary supports where required) and reinstatement of existing services.
- Steelwork refurbishment works including replacing missing bolts, fabrication and installation of new steel members, replacement of deformed/corroding steel members, removal of corrosion and strengthening of weakened steel members using the plate and bolt technique.
- Application of protective coating to new and existing structural members.
- Repair of deteriorating coatings including removal of existing lead-based and re-painting with non-lead based paints.
- Removal of asbestos containing materials and replacement with fibre cement sheeting and Gyprock linings.
- Repair works to kerb walls.
- Remediation works to various downpipes.
- Supply and installation of new fluorescent lighting and outdoor spotlights.